Blog Widget by LinkWithin
2009-03-15

Photography: Rarely Visited  

2 comments


Photographer Marlo Kovach (www.marlokovach.com) quotes Henry Thoreau in saying: “It is easier to discover another such a new world as Columbus did, than to go within one fold of this which we appear to know so well; … and still history accumulates like a rubbish before the portals of nature. But there is only necessary a moment’s sanity and sound senses, to teach us that there is a nature behind the ordinary…”

Kovach's work very much focuses on this statement; the generality of a place and how that place is subject to change while projecting a false perception of time. He states, visiting new places that remind him of his own past enables that past and the new place to become one. Furthermore he says, "It is not my intention to push my past or my history on the viewer. My hope is that these images become triggers for the viewer to flash if only for an instant back to another time, place or moment in their own history."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Photography: Rarely Visited


  • March 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

    Marlo's photographs leave me with an almost haunting sense of loneliness and regret. On first look they seem relatively simple and yet the more I look at them they become very moving. They make me want to pay more attention to what I have and what I do not appreciate in this life. Deborah Mortlock.


  • March 23, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

    I first saw this photographer's work on exhibit in Michigan and quickly realized she had real talent and a fresh, unique perspective. I knew I had to purchase one of her pieces, which I still treasure. She moved on to NY and her body of work continues to impress.

Your Ad Here